Thursday, January 21, 2010

the night we lost our innocence.

Don’t regret the decisions you make. Your mistakes define the curves of your face more than the wrinkles. Laugh lines and crows feet around your eyes, time’s prolific paint brush. I don’t regret the fights, the screaming. I don’t regret the rage that flowed through my blood like snake venom. Hate. love. I have feelings. I am not a machine, a ghost, I am a man. And I feel rage.

The clearest memory, we were kids. Just teenagers, with the world at our fingertips. Kissing on my couch, clean, sweet, and young. You sitting in my lap, for the first time I notice how small you are. With a little practice we could be the best kissers in the world; my heart was on the floor. The best time I ever had. We were in our twenties, but it felt different. Younger. You never kissed me again. We were kids and the horrible world of responsibility did not exist, nothing existed in that time. You, me, and the spark of love was all I could see, hear, smell, the taste of your skin. If I could I would rip you apart and keep you in my cupboard. I want you, I need you. Take me, have me. Everything you want is yours.

I regret nothing. Except the night we lost our innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment